The date, goat-cheese and bacon bite isn’t a classic South-African dish, but certainly not unknown. The combination of outspoken different flavours and ingredients from different countries is something typical for South Africa. A popular appetiser which goes perfectly with Imbuko’s 2014 Merlot . View or read below how to prepare this delicious dish yourself.
View the video for a simplified easy to follow version of the instructions below.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 8 big dates with their seed removed
- 4 spoons of goat cheese
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- Remove the seeds of the dates without fully cutting them in half.
- Fill every date with a sufficient amount of goat cheese, wrap half a bacon strip around it and hold it together with a toothpick.
- Bake the bites in the oven on oven paper for 5 minutes on 180 C
- After 5 minutes in the oven you can sprinkle them with honey.
Baie maklik, baie lekker!
IMBUKO MERLOT 2014
The date, goat cheese & bacon bite’s flavours are best presented with the Merlot 2014 of the Imbuko line. This newest addition to the Imbuko line compliments this bite perfectly.